If you would like to know more about any of our services or operations, let us know and we’ll connect with you soon.
For press enquiries, get in touch via
email@example.com or +32 3 334 35 00
Breast Cancer Awareness month: Modis and Think Pink to improve cancer patients outcomes
During October, Modis Belgium will raise money for the organization Think Pink during the annual Breast Cancer Awareness month. Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, and is responsible for an estimated 9.6 million deaths in 2018. Globally, about 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer.
For a global pharmaceutical company, Modis is involved in the Haematology Outcomes Network in EURope (HONEUR). HONEUR is an interdisciplinary initiative aimed at improving patient outcomes by analyzing real world data across European hematological centers. Its overarching goal is to create a secure network which facilitates the development of a collaborative research community and allows access to big data tools for analysis of the data.
Real-world data (RWD) and real-world evidence are playing an increasing role in health care decisions. RWD are the data relating to patient health status and/or the delivery of health care routinely collected from a variety of sources.
The ultimate goal of this project is to see patients with Multiple Myeloma, a type of bone marrow cancer, and other blood diseases receiving the best possible treatment because the power of RWD was maximized.
For example, in rare blood diseases such as multiple myeloma, there is a lack of detailed, objective knowledge on routine clinical practice (e.g. selection and duration of treatment), treatment patterns and outcomes in different patient subgroups at different stages of the disease.
According to the WHO, as of the end of 2020, there were 7.8 million women alive who were diagnosed with breast cancer in the past 5 years, making it the world’s most prevalent cancer. All colleagues and partners are encouraged to participate in the in-office cookie sale or donate money on Modis’ charity account BE71 7390 1395 5469 to raise money for the cause. Moreover, all cookies are locally produced from sustainable origin and according to an almost 100 year old recipe.
AKKA Technologies and Modis unite to build a global Smart Industry leader
- Adecco Group to acquire AKKA Technologies and combine the business with Modis to create the global #2 in the engineering R&D market, a powerful platform to drive future Smart Industry leadership
- Transaction consideration of €2.0 billion of Enterprise Value, equivalent 10.6x EV/EBITDA 2022e (a)
- Accelerates Adecco Group’s Future@Work strategic implementation toward high-value, technology-led services in less-cyclical markets, while reinforcing the strength of Adecco Group’s unique solutions ecosystem; the three Global Business Units will be recognised market leaders
- Combined, AKKA Technologies and Modis will have scale, through 50,000 engineering and digital experts with deep cross-sector expertise, a global footprint, balanced industry profile, and strongholds in higher growth sectors such as mobility and software & technology services
- AKKA Technologies and Modis will offer larger scale and scope for career growth and development for team members of both companies
- New business will have extensive capabilities in innovative technologies, as well as a differentiated end-to-end service offering, enhancing AKKA Technologies and Modis’ ability to capture accelerating demand for Smart Industry
- Strong value creation opportunity that elevates Adecco Group’s exposure to structural growth markets, enhances margins and improves the quality and resilience of earnings, while providing greater opportunities for AKKA Technologies and its engineers as part of Adecco Group’s ecosystem
- Revenue synergies in excess of €200 million and cost synergies of €65 million identified
- Margin and EPS accretive in year one (b), EVA positive in year three
- Closing of first stage of transaction to be followed by Mandatory Tender Offer in Belgium and France for remaining AKKA Technologies securities
- Closing expected in H1 2022, subject to regulatory approvals
- Mr Jan Gupta appointed President-elect of combined business. Mr Mauro Ricci to be appointed as Special Advisor to the CEO of the Adecco Group and Mr Jean-Franck Ricci to be appointed as Chairman of the Customer Advisory Board of the AKKA Technologies & Modis combined business
Modis Life Sciences’ active engagement during the innovation conference ISPIM ‘Innovating our common future’ (June 2021)
ISPIM – innovation conference
June 2021 will mark the start of the innovation conference ISPIM (International Society for Professional Innovation Management) – Innovating our common future. Notwithstanding the switch from a face-to-face event in the vibrant city of Berlin (Germany) to a virtual setting, the ambitions of this innovation management conference remain ever so high:
- Engaging interactions with fellow innovation professionals from academia, industry, consulting and the public sector in workshops, hot-topic discussions, and discussion panels as well as networking events.
- Inspirational talks from leading innovation thought leaders in fireside chats and interviews during the event.
Find more information about ISPIM on the conference website or engage on social media using the hashtag #ISPIMBerlin.
Modis & Try-All proof-of-concept project
Modis Life Sciences Belgium will actively engage with stakeholders during the conference. During the ‘Health, Healthcare & Innovation Management’ session on June 22nd, our colleagues from the Modis Innovation Lab will present the Try-All case (PoC study Try-All: innovating scalability and delivery in clinical trials). Try-All developed a solution, using fast learning cycles, for clinical trial participants who are immobile and hard to reach. Our proof-of-concept study aimed to validate a scalable, fast response mobile unit to deliver patient-centric trials. Our consultancy expertise does not refrain us from actively engaging and participating in ground-breaking, innovative projects. With the support of Janssen Clinical Innovation and the DeepSpa project (EIT Health), we successfully transformed an ideation process into a proof-of-concept study with direct impact on how we deliver clinical trials in remote setting and, most important, on patients.
Interested to read about the first study results? Find our fresh scientific paper here.
Did you know…
Modis Innovation Lab offers a unique set of skills and expertise for project incubation and proof-of-concept development? It brings health innovation to practice in an agile, co-creative, and (end-)user centric way. Our clients and their stakeholders in Life Sciences and Healthcare are constantly challenged by the need to adopt new technologies and business models towards a more cost effective and patient centric health solution, while operating in a highly regulated and quality-controlled work environment. We are here to help them incubate & strategize, shape & process, test & validate, and partner & scale.
Find out more about the Innovation Lab service offering on our website.
For immediate release
Zurich, 07 June 2021
Lead the Charge: One season, your career in pole position.
Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team and Modis launch the search for an ambitious individual to
join the team for one electrifying racing season of Formula E.
The Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team, in conjunction with its Official Engineering Partner Modis, have
announced an exhilarating opportunity for tech and engineering students, graduates or anyone with
a technical background who is looking to make an exciting move into motorsport– the chance to
work alongside Team Principal Ian James, and be at the heart of the sustainable future of
motorsports for one season.
Based in Brackley, UK, but with frequent international travel and weekend races, the talented
individual who lands this dream role will have a set area of key responsibilities and will have the
opportunity to absorb and learn what it takes to run a successful Formula E Team.
“This is an amazing opportunity for an ambitious individual with a passion for tech, innovation, and
motorsports’’ says Jan Gupta, President of Modis. “As a leading company in tech and digital
engineering consulting, Modis has its own tech talent services, so we’re used to finding, placing, and
skilling the world’s top talent within technology, engineering, manufacturing, financial services, and
“To place somebody within the Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team, a brand absolutely synonymous with
excellence in engineering, is something really special and a phenomenal opportunity for somebody
to launch their career in this exciting field.”
Ian James, Team Principal of the Mercedes-EQ Formula E Team, is equally enthusiastic: “When we
first partnered with Modis, we knew that one of the key things they would bring us was the ability to
find people with highly specialised technical skills. These are not easy to find, particularly in such a
competitive field as Formula E. This specific role is particularly exciting because it is all about
developing talent for the future, and we are both very focused on building a more sustainable
The role has been specifically designed for a tech graduate or an engineering professional, and the
ideal candidate will be expected to have a deep understanding of technology and engineering, a
strong interest in innovation, sports, and racing towards a more sustainable future – not forgetting
the importance of outstanding communication skills. With experience of working on strategic and
operational projects, the chosen candidate will need to be a real “people person” with a can -do
On June 11th, we’ll be hosting a live Q&A with Ian James who will talk more about what you can
expect from this role. You can tune into the session and find out more details about this exciting
position here: www.modis.com/leadthecharge
Get ready to put your skills to the test for this once in a lifetime opportunity!